The successful candidate will be skilled in human physiology, algorithm development, and software design and development. The candidate must work well both as a team player and perform independently in individual research areas.
- Implement methodologies and procedures to determine levels of fitness, metabolic work rates, thermoregulation, and other performance metrics.
- Collaborate with other investigators in conducting human performance field and laboratory research including evaluating physiological performance.
- Develop and implement novel signal processing algorithms applied to EEG, ECG EMG, respiratory and other biological signals.
- Develop, configure, document, and troubleshoot complex algorithms and programs
- Apply theoretical knowledge of mathematic and algorithm principles for solving technical problems.
- Develop innovative and feasible mathematical solutions in consideration of biological and physiological limitations.
- Utilize state of the art mathematical modeling and simulation tools to test and verify new algorithm schemes.
- Be accountable for the success of assigned tasks and deliverables, of an algorithm development group including planning, implementation of key experiments and related validations, managing 1-2 associates.
- Work on the design and integration of advanced algorithms into novel biosensor systems.
- Assist with writing research proposals, human use protection protocols, technical reports, journal articles and conference papers
- Higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- Expertise in digital signal processing and pattern recognition
- Experience implementing algorithms and data analysis using C/C++ and MATLAB and Labview
- Knowledge of human physiology and ideally human muscles and performance metircs.
- Ability to publish scientific papers and present in scientific conferences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, detail-and-results-oriented individual, who is a respectful, responsive, resilient, dependable, considerate team player, with a positive attitude. This individual must be innovative, career-minded, flexible and adaptable, honor commitments, demonstrate integrity and ethics, and show abilities to embrace change, accept challenges, seek input, follow up and follow through.
Posted on Monday, May 9th, 2011 at 2:36 pm